Psalm 23 Volunteer
Image: Tungphoto /
"IF you're looking for a truly satisfying
opportunity to serve, we can't think of a better way to make a life
changing difference than to reach out to those in desperate need - men and women who
struggle with homelessness, poverty and alcohol and/or drug
With the main Psalm 23 Recovery Training Centre in 59 Mile and two Alumni
residences in Abbotsford, there are numerous volunteer opportunities for individuals, church groups, schools, service
organizations and businesses to get involved
Every year, we are involved with community outreach and
fundraising events where we greatly appreciate volunteer support. As
well, many "hands, hearts and feet" are needed as we move forward with
our exciting vision of building Village of Hope - a holistic, Christian
healing community for all people.
We believe everyone has a God-given gift they can use to
contribute to the lives of those less fortunate. If you're interested in volunteering with Psalm 23, please contact us at 604-870-5616 or
firstname.lastname@example.org. We would
enjoy setting up a time to go over areas that may
be of interest to you.
Here are a few great ways to get
1. Be a driver for our student residents.
- help get them to their AA meetings or
2. Use your administrative talents in the Psalm 23 office.
- answer phones, work on the computer, do
bookkeeping, data entry
- daily, weekly or monthly opportunities
3. Provide a home cooked meal.
- a great way for a group or family to make a
4. Teach baking or help out in the kitchen.
- show students how to bake that homemade
- share your special recipe
- teach how to make homemade jams or do
5. Do some gardening.
- help grow fresh fruits, vegetables or
- do landscaping or yard
6. Lead morning devotions.
7. Provide a worship evening.
8. Lead or participate in a bible study.
- share your insights from
- lead a study as an individual or as a
9. Share your personal testimony.
10. Provide "one on one" support.
- be a spiritual mentor
- offer emotional and moral support
- be a guide or sponsor in AA Step
- help residents do their Step 5
11. Participate in a games night.
- have fun teaching students a new
12. Lead a chapel night.
- sing, share and worship with our
13. Be a volunteer at a Psalm 23 fundraising and outreach event.
- help out with kitchen prep work and
- do set-up and take down
- be one of the greeters, decorators
- help with cleaning up after the
14. Provide health care - doctors, dentists and health nurses.
- be part of a health care team
- makes visits to help with ongoing
health issues of our residents
- teach a wellness class
- provide nutrition/health information
15. Teach an academic or career related subject.
- needed for upgrading education through the
- teach computer and typing skills
- help with resume writing or job search
16. Volunteer your professional services.
- donate your skills in areas of
furnace & heating maintenance
- provide professional counselling
and prayer counselling
- facilitate courses such as
Life Skills or First Aid
- teach the Food Safe
17. Share your business experience.
- come and offer your business
- teach students what employers
are looking for
If you're interested in
volunteering with Psalm 23,
us at 604-870-5616 or email@example.com.